- en: This is the community discussion page. Requests for the bot flag should be made on this page. This wiki uses the standard bot policy, and allows global bots and automatic approval of certain types of bots. Other bots should apply below, and then request access from a steward if there is no objection.
- 1 Fundraising 2010
- 2 Bot policy
- 3 Bosnian language in English Wikipedia
- 4 Global AbuseFilter
- 5 Projekat: Wiktionary meets Matica srpska
- 6 Wikimania 2016 scholarships
- 7 Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today
- 8 Promjena naziva i logotipa
- 9 Columns for references
- 10 IMPORTANT: Admin activity review
- 11 Wiktionary Cognate Dashboard
- 12 Selection of the Tremendous Wiktionary User Group representative to the Wikimedia Summit 2019
- 13 Community Wishlist 2020
As many of you are aware, we are now two months away from the Fundraiser for the Wikimedia Foundation, 2010. We have lofty goals, and we can meet them and exceed them!
The meta translators are already actively engaged in the annual drive to distribute our messages and we encourage you to do the same, but we would like to point everyone to the developments we've made in banner messages- from creation to commentary to the ones that will go live for test and for the drive itself in November. It's one of our goals to make sure that all volunteers know that there is a place for them in the Fundraising drive. We've started the setup on meta for both banner submission, statistical analysis, and grouping volunteers together that would like to find specific focus and work in that area.
This year the Wikimedia Foundation is taking a proactive stance in reaching out to each and every Wikimedia project and volunteer to find innovation, collaboration, and collation of ideas from the community driven process. The staff working on this is comprised of long-time Wikimedians with as much care and concern for the success of this drive as the volunteers, and we want you to actively participate and have a voice.
Use the talk pages on meta, talk to your local communities, talk to others, talk to us. Engagement is what we strive for, without each other we would never had made Wikimedia succeed. Everyone is welcome to contact any of us on staff at any time with a timely response to follow. We actively encourage focusing discussion on meta so we can all work together.
Please translate this message into your language if you can and post it below.
See you on the wiki! Keegan, WMF Fundraiser 2010 03:07, 13 septembar 2010 (KSV)
Hello. To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. In particular, this policy allows stewards to automatically flag known interlanguage linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable), which form the vast majority of such requests. The policy also enables global bots on this wiki (if this page says that is acceptable), which are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots.
This policy makes bot access requesting much easier for local users, operators, and stewards. To implement it we only need to create a redirect to this page from Project:Bot policy, and add a line at the top noting that it is used here. Please read the text at m:Bot policy before commenting. If you object, please say so; I hope to implement in two weeks if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests. Carsrac 15:36, 20 oktobar 2010 (KSV)
- No objections. Done. Bastique 02:05, 15 januar 2011 (KSV)
Bosnian language in English Wikipedia[uredi]
- Thank you for information. I don't really have a clue about this and since I am not here very often, I don't know what to do. Maybe Barishan can do something more, but he's also absent for last few days. -- KWiki (razgovor) 20:02, 13 maj 2013 (KSV)
- Hi Sae. As I understand, only wikis with 50k+ edits (that additionaly passed the "50 random articles" test) have been included on the main page on en.wiki. So unless you mean something else, everything is fine and will be. :) -- Edinwiki (razgovor) 20:36, 13 maj 2013 (KSV)
- Zdravo. Na engleskom Wiktionary "Serbo-Croatian" (srpskohrvatski) se koristi; umjesto srpskog, hrvatskog, bosanskog ili crnogorskog odvojeno. Ima još link na bosanski Vikirječnik u "nedavnima izmjenama" :) Barishan (razgovor) 23:33, 13 maj 2013 (KSV)
- Merhaba. İngilizce Wiktionary'de ayrı ayrı Sırpça, Hırvatça, Boşnakça veya Karadağca yerine "Serbo-Croatian" (Sırp-Hırvatça) kullanılıyor. "Son değişiklikler"de hâlâ Boşnakça Vikirječnik'e bağlantı var :) Barishan (razgovor) 23:33, 13 maj 2013 (KSV)
AbuseFilter is a MediaWiki extension used to detect likely abusive behavior patterns, like pattern vandalism and spam. In 2013, Global AbuseFilters were enabled on a limited set of wikis including Meta-Wiki, MediaWiki.org, Wikispecies and (in early 2014) all the "small wikis". Recently, global abuse filters were enabled on "medium sized wikis" as well. These filters are currently managed by stewards on Meta-Wiki and have shown to be very effective in preventing mass spam attacks across Wikimedia projects. However, there is currently no policy on how the global AbuseFilters will be managed although there are proposals. There is an ongoing request for comment on policy governing the use of the global AbuseFilters. In the meantime, specific wikis can opt out of using the global AbuseFilter. These wikis can simply add a request to this list on Meta-Wiki. More details can be found on this page at Meta-Wiki. If you have any questions, feel free to ask on m:Talk:Global AbuseFilter.
— 17:34, 14 novembar 2014 (KSV)
Projekat: Wiktionary meets Matica srpska[uredi]
Želimo da vas obavestimo projektu koji ima za cilj osnaživanje pokreta za otvoreno znanje i slobodni sadržaj kroz uspostavljanje dugoročnog strateškog partnerstva sa najstarijom srpskom naučno-kulturnom institucijom Maticom srpskom, kao i povećanje kvaliteta, tačnosti i obima Vikirečnika kroz digitalizovanje dva rečnika priređena od strane Matice srpske (Srpski ornitološki rečnik i Rečnik srpskih govora Vojvodine). Ujedno želimo da razvijemo model za buduću saradnju na svim Vikirečnicima i organizovaćemo dve kampanje mobilizacije saradnika Vikirečnika.
Potrebna nam je vaša pomoć i podrška oko aktivnosti u projektu. Želeli bismo da pokušamo da motivišemo što veći broj zajednica oko Vikirečnika da nam se pridruže u prevodu Rečnika leksikografskih termina i Ornitološkog rečnika. Ukoliko uspemo da motivišemo 100 zajednica da učestvuju u projektu, korist za svaki pojedinačni Vikirečnik bit će ogromna - svaki rečnik bi bio obogaćen sa 37000 primarnih odrednica vezanih za Ornitološki rečnik i 10000 vezanih za listu leksikografskih termina.
Nadamo se da će vam projekat biti zanimljiv, jer bismo voleli da uključimo što veći broj volontera/ki. Možete da se pridružite koordinacionom timu i pomognete nam u komunikaciji sa Vikirečnicima na jezicima koje govorite, ili možete da doprinosite svojim znanjem programiranja (Python i/ili PHP).
Ukoliko ste zainteresovani, pridružite nam se na stranama za diskusiju, ili pošaljite mejl Milici (firstname.lastname@example.org) ili Milošu(email@example.com).
Jako nas raduje rad na ovom projektu i iskreno se nadamo da ćete se priključiti!
Wikimania 2016 scholarships[uredi]
As every year, Wikimedia Polska Association is accepting scholarship requests for this year’s Wikimania, to be held at the Italian town of Esino Lario, June 22-28. The scholarship encompasses travel expenses, accomodation, insurance and the possible conference fee. Please submit your requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org from March 14, 00:00:01 (CET) by March 27, 23:59:59 (CET). Up to two international scholarships will be funded. The scholarship request, submitted in English or Polish, ought to contain:
- short description of your activity within the Wikimedia movement, your real name, your global username or local usernames, Wikimedia activity outside project editing (including local chapter activity), prior input into the Wikimedia conferences, especially international ones;
- information about your desired participation in the conference: planned or submitted lectures or other activities during Wikimania or its associated events;
- information about your forecast activity in pre- and post-conference activities, with the justification for participating in these non-core conference activities;
- declaration of your command of English sufficient to actively participate in the conference;
- information about the international airport closest to your place of residence;
- declaration of being 18 years or older; in case of younger applicants, 16-18, a scan of a parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to the participation in the conference;
- the information on citizenship(s) held;
- agreement to provide and process your personal data (name, address, bank account details, passport number) if the scholarship is granted. Please, do not provide these personal details in the application itself, apart from your real name.
Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today[uredi]
Please help translate to your language
Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). Based on several factors, this shorter list of languages is expected to be more relevant for them and valuable for finding similar content in a language known to them. More information about compact language links can be found in the documentation.
From today onwards, compact language links has been enabled as the default listing of interlanguage links on this wiki. However, using the button at the bottom, you will be able to see a longer list of all the languages the article has been written in. The setting for this compact list can be changed by using the checkbox under User Preferences -> Appearance -> Languages
The compact language links feature has been tested extensively by the Wikimedia Language team, which developed it. However, in case there are any problems or other feedback please let us know on the project talk page. It is to be noted that on some wikis the presence of an existing older gadget that was used for a similar purpose may cause an interference for compact language list. We would like to bring this to the attention of the admins of this wiki. Full details are on this phabricator ticket (in English).
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk)-03:05, 1 juli 2016 (KSV)
Promjena naziva i logotipa[uredi]
Zdravo svima! Da bi nazivi svih WMF-ovih projekata na bosanskom jeziku bili ujednačeni (Wikipedia, Wikivijesti, Wikiknjige itd.), predlažem da se ime projekta promijeni u "Wikirječnik". Budući da će biti potrebno napraviti novi logotip za novi naziv, to sam već uradio i također napravio dva HD logotipa u 1,5x i 2x originalne veličine, kao i prateći vektorski (svg) logotip. Možete ih vidjeti ispod.
- – kao predlagač. – Srdjan m (razgovor) 15:52, 24 februar 2017 (KSV)
- – KWiki (razgovor) 17:35, 24 februar 2017 (KSV)
- --AnToni (razgovor) 17:57, 27 februar 2017 (KSV)
- --Munja (razgovor) 22:09, 3 mart 2017 (KSV)
- --Dijan (razgovor) 02:17, 4 mart 2017 (KSV)
- Palapa (razgovor) 23:49, 4 mart 2017 (KSV)
Columns for references[uredi]
18:23, 1 septembar 2017 (KSV)
IMPORTANT: Admin activity review[uredi]
Hello. A policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc. ) was adopted by global community consensus in 2013. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on all Wikimedia Foundation wikis with no inactivity policy. To the best of our knowledge, your wiki does not have a formal process for removing "advanced rights" from inactive accounts. This means that the stewards will take care of this according to the admin activity review.
We have determined that the following users meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for more than 2 years):
- Edinwiki (administrator) last edit: 2015-05-19 last log action: 2014-02-06
These users will receive a notification soon, asking them to start a community discussion if they want to retain some or all of their rights. If the users do not respond, then their advanced rights will be removed by the stewards.
However, if you as a community would like to create your own activity review process superseding the global one, want to make another decision about these inactive rights holders, or already have a policy that we missed, then please notify the stewards on Meta-Wiki so that we know not to proceed with the rights review on your wiki. Thanks --علاء (razgovor) 12:37, 9 april 2018 (KSV)
Wiktionary Cognate Dashboard[uredi]
Selection of the Tremendous Wiktionary User Group representative to the Wikimedia Summit 2019[uredi]
Sorry for posting this message in English and last minute notification. The Tremendous Wiktionary User Group could send one representative to the Wikimedia Summit 2019 (formerly "Wikimedia Conference"). The Wikimedia Summit is an yearly conference of all organizations affiliated to the Wikimedia Movement (including our Tremendous Wiktionary User Group). It is a great place to talk about Wiktionary needs to the chapters and other user groups that compose the Wikimedia movement.
For context, there is a short report on what happened last year. The deadline is very close to 24 hrs. The last date for registration is 17 December 2018. As a last minute effort, there is a page on meta to decide who will be the representative of the user group to the Wikimedia Summit created.
Community Wishlist 2020[uredi]
IFried (WMF) 19:30, 4 novembar 2019 (KSV)