- en: This is the community discussion page. Requests for the bot flag should be made on this page. This wiki uses the standard bot policy, and allows global bots and automatic approval of certain types of bots. Other bots should apply below, and then request access from a steward if there is no objection.
As many of you are aware, we are now two months away from the Fundraiser for the Wikimedia Foundation, 2010. We have lofty goals, and we can meet them and exceed them!
The meta translators are already actively engaged in the annual drive to distribute our messages and we encourage you to do the same, but we would like to point everyone to the developments we've made in banner messages- from creation to commentary to the ones that will go live for test and for the drive itself in November. It's one of our goals to make sure that all volunteers know that there is a place for them in the Fundraising drive. We've started the setup on meta for both banner submission, statistical analysis, and grouping volunteers together that would like to find specific focus and work in that area.
This year the Wikimedia Foundation is taking a proactive stance in reaching out to each and every Wikimedia project and volunteer to find innovation, collaboration, and collation of ideas from the community driven process. The staff working on this is comprised of long-time Wikimedians with as much care and concern for the success of this drive as the volunteers, and we want you to actively participate and have a voice.
Use the talk pages on meta, talk to your local communities, talk to others, talk to us. Engagement is what we strive for, without each other we would never had made Wikimedia succeed. Everyone is welcome to contact any of us on staff at any time with a timely response to follow. We actively encourage focusing discussion on meta so we can all work together.
Please translate this message into your language if you can and post it below.
See you on the wiki! Keegan, WMF Fundraiser 2010 03:07, 13 septembar 2010 (KSV)
Hello. To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. In particular, this policy allows stewards to automatically flag known interlanguage linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable), which form the vast majority of such requests. The policy also enables global bots on this wiki (if this page says that is acceptable), which are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots.
This policy makes bot access requesting much easier for local users, operators, and stewards. To implement it we only need to create a redirect to this page from Project:Bot policy, and add a line at the top noting that it is used here. Please read the text at m:Bot policy before commenting. If you object, please say so; I hope to implement in two weeks if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests. Carsrac 15:36, 20 oktobar 2010 (KSV)
- No objections. Done. Bastique 02:05, 15 januar 2011 (KSV)
Bosnian language in English Wikipedia[uredite]
- Thank you for information. I don't really have a clue about this and since I am not here very often, I don't know what to do. Maybe Barishan can do something more, but he's also absent for last few days. -- KWiki (razgovor) 20:02, 13 maj 2013 (KSV)
- Hi Sae. As I understand, only wikis with 50k+ edits (that additionaly passed the "50 random articles" test) have been included on the main page on en.wiki. So unless you mean something else, everything is fine and will be. :) -- Edinwiki (razgovor) 20:36, 13 maj 2013 (KSV)
- Zdravo. Na engleskom Wiktionary "Serbo-Croatian" (srpskohrvatski) se koristi; umjesto srpskog, hrvatskog, bosanskog ili crnogorskog odvojeno. Ima još link na bosanski Vikirječnik u "nedavnima izmjenama" :) Barishan (razgovor) 23:33, 13 maj 2013 (KSV)
- Merhaba. İngilizce Wiktionary'de ayrı ayrı Sırpça, Hırvatça, Boşnakça veya Karadağca yerine "Serbo-Croatian" (Sırp-Hırvatça) kullanılıyor. "Son değişiklikler"de hâlâ Boşnakça Vikirječnik'e bağlantı var :) Barishan (razgovor) 23:33, 13 maj 2013 (KSV)
AbuseFilter is a MediaWiki extension used to detect likely abusive behavior patterns, like pattern vandalism and spam. In 2013, Global AbuseFilters were enabled on a limited set of wikis including Meta-Wiki, MediaWiki.org, Wikispecies and (in early 2014) all the "small wikis". Recently, global abuse filters were enabled on "medium sized wikis" as well. These filters are currently managed by stewards on Meta-Wiki and have shown to be very effective in preventing mass spam attacks across Wikimedia projects. However, there is currently no policy on how the global AbuseFilters will be managed although there are proposals. There is an ongoing request for comment on policy governing the use of the global AbuseFilters. In the meantime, specific wikis can opt out of using the global AbuseFilter. These wikis can simply add a request to this list on Meta-Wiki. More details can be found on this page at Meta-Wiki. If you have any questions, feel free to ask on m:Talk:Global AbuseFilter.
— 17:34, 14 novembar 2014 (KSV)